Thursday 23 August 2012

No gimmicks, more success!

After perhaps dieting for my entire life I am finally taking responsibility for my own eating habits instead of depending on the rigid rules of those deceiving (and rather gimmicky) weight-loss programs. Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Cambridge, Atkins, Dukan...you name it & the chances are Iv probably had a crack at it.

I made the decision 2 weeks ago (now on Week 3) to ditch the gimmicks, cancel the pricey subscriptions & do it all by myself like they did in the olden days. Women have been losing weight for years although admittedly there IS more social pressure to be a certain size.


Those of you that regularly read my blog will know that I am addicted to weighing myself, however you may be surprised to find I'm getting alot better and just gutting it down to 2 a week now Hehe. I had a sneeky peek this morning and found I had lost another 2lbs (so far, official weigh-in Mondays). Yay, go me! I am so elated because I was stuck in a weight rut for over 6 weeks with my last gimmicky eating plan, I depressingly remained at the same weight for what seemed like a lifetime. Now, I have managed to drop 5lbs in just 2.5 weeks.

What makes this victor even more great is the fact that I am NOT starving myself. I am NOT giving up the foods I love and have actually consumed a few things which people strictly avoid whilst ever trying to drop a dress size. As well as my healthy meals I have munched; Icelollies, Cadburys Crunchies x2, Milkyway Mini, x3 Maltesers balls as well as a meal out on Monday with the girls. This just goes to show that you do NOT have to starve yourself nore deprive yourself of those tasty treats, its all about moderation and knowing when you've had enough.

I have a new skirt to wear for my friends Birthday next month & it felt like such a great fit this morning when i tried it on. RESULT!

No comments:

Post a Comment