Saturday 29 December 2012

Shocked into change!

Having celebrated Christmas in true traditional form & consuming way over the recommended daily amount, I foolishly decided to weight myself on Boxing day. This step was particularly drastic as I have not weighed myself in over 4weeks.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw next! Since 15th November when we went on our amazing holiday to Lasvegas I hadnt gained 5lbs, nore 10lbs, astone maybe? Noooooo I had sabataged my own success and gained ONE & 1/2 STONE. I havent been in the 'seventeen stone club' in a couple of years but now found myself at the totally wrong end of that dreaded milestone.  Truth be told I knew about the drastic gain; little changes in the eay my clothing fits etc.

I was forced to take drastic action that same hour signed  as I signed up to weight watchers online: having had success with this plan before I knew it could work for me but still I'm far from happy about being on a plan once again as it prooves that I cant do it alone nore can I be trusted to make responsible nutritional decisions just yet. Weightwatchers provides the strict point counting restrictions that my personality works well with, too many options often confuses me and that when I run into trouble.  Collegues have asked why I opted to start a diet NOW instead of waiting until the New Year, the truth is if I waitedthatextra week I know myself well, enough to know that those scales would be quickly accending into the desasterous '18 stone club'.....

I am due to start a new job in the new year which is based in a more clinical environment where regular takeaways and summer trips to the seaside for chips will be no more. I'm hoping that having a more demanding role will divert my attention from overindulgance and self destruction.

Many of you that read my blog will know of my love for Chocolate, therefore all those lovely family and friends that so kindly bought us chocolates for Christmas havent made my life any easier hehehe as we are now sorrounded by naughty (but nice) treats.

All in all iv had a superb Christmas; lots of  treats, lots of presents from Santa and most importantly of all lots of much needed family time. However, now is the time to put the chocolate away, dig my will power out and give it a good dusting down.

Wish me luck......after all the festive treats Iv munched my way through I feel I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment