Sunday 20 January 2013

Embrace change, who knows what could happen!

So as I prepare to start a brand new chapter in my life I find myself in a reflective mood.
Sometimes welcoming change can be the most challenging yet important decision a person might ever make.

Tomorrow I start my new job helping some of the most poorliest Children in South Yorkshire & I couldnt be anymore nervous is apprehensive if I tried. Its completely normal for  people to experience an entire catalogue of emotion when starting a new adventure; excitement for a new opportunity, sadness at leaving behind old colleagues, and not to mention the fear of the unknown.

Just because I decided to search for  new career challenge that doesnt mean that my old job hasnt provided me with hundreds of comical/special memories and has in no way been a waste of my time, In fact Id say its helped shape me as a person. One things for sure, Iv made some lovely friends, learnt lots of important lessons in life and certainly improved my life. The only downside to working in such a close knit environment is that everyone enjoes bringing jn freshly baked goods onto the ward for everyone to share.....as you can image this has proven very detrimental to my weightloss success. As I dont particularly like goodbyes I decided to bake some of my famous sweet cupcakes which have often pleased my sweet-toothed colleagues. Although J love love looovvveeee the various cakes Iv eaten over the past 2years Im actually looking forward to working in a more clinical environment where both my calorie intake and tendency to munch will hopefully reduce drastically. /div> So, whats a girl to ado? Stay static, paralysed by the crippling fear of change or embrace this new it and prepare for one of the scariest yet most exciting times of her life..... I'm feeling in my own ability as a person and will opt for the latter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment