Monday 22 April 2013

Part-time dieter

Iv had a light bulb moment! Im a part-time dieter! I put in half the hours, half the effort and reap none of the benefits... something needs to change.
Feeling the love for my girlies....


Nothing like a girly giggle or a Hen Weekend away to put your life into perspective; for too long I have netered into things half heartedly. In fact the only thing I give my full effort are my relationships with those I love (some things deserve my full attenton). Firstly, theres our desire to save for a house deposity so we can buy our first home together; we have made a good start but still things could be better, until now Iv not really sacrificed anything to free up extra cash for the savings. Secondly, theres my ongoing battle with the bulge; since 2011 I have 'tried' to move from the all too familiar 16-17stone mark as I continue to bob along between those two very annoying numbers. I suddenly find myself wondering what the point is in half hearted dieting when I only ever get a half hearted result (this in turn then leaves me feeling annoyed and subsequently I put the few pounds Iv lost back on in weeks). I want MAJOR results from now until Christmas....I WILL be in the 14-15stone club by the end of 2013 even if it means doing something drastic (no surgery or medications allowed however) even if it means cutting out Chocolare at some point.

The Summer is truely upon us after I have just returned from a girly Hen Weekend in Newcastle; lots of food, lots of alcohol but LOTS of giggles to compliment. Theres nothing like being with a group of woman for an entire weekend to shock you into new eating habits  :-) Im convincing myself that its all about eating mor eveggies, drinking more water and simplyu laying off the carbs, now this I CAN do! It would be very interesting to see if even making the smallest changes for the next few months would  have a drastic difference. I long for the day when I see someone I havent spoken to in months and they say 'WOW! Your looking great.... how much weight have you lost now!?'... Yes it was a huge change when i dropped from 20.5stone to 16stone but now thats OLD news, I want to start writing the newest chapter of my life. My weight has always been something I was never really good at; at school I aimed high and achieved lots, in my career I like to think Im doing the same but my weight has always been the BIGGEST (no pun intended) challenge to date.

I feel healthier when I have a tan and when i feel healthier I tend to eat healthier and behave in a better more healthier way. So, tomorrow I make the family visit to Nottinghamshire I intend on visiting my faithful tanning salon and getting that much needed Summer glow. I really do feel fro ny woman wanting to shed a few pound because it is one of the hardest things I think ill ever do; yes there will be good days but with that also comes the bad (we're only human, never forget that we all make mistakes).

Good luck everyone, whether its a few stone or a few pounds your hoping to lose we will all face the same challenges and temptations..... Only now do I realise that if I want results I need to put in the effort


No comments:

Post a Comment