Sunday 19 May 2013

When is enough enough?

We all like to resite the words 'The diet starts tomorrow'..or ...'Im not that big'.... but at the end of the day there's no hiding from your own reflection in the mirror. Like many other woman I probably start a new diet every few weeks having failed my last pathetic attempt and like most other women I continue to think 'THIS is the diet to change the rest of my life... THIS IS IT!' So why do most of us fail..... statistics released last year said that 90% of people who go on a diet actually fail (to be honest I thought the number would be much higher Haha)... so what is it that changes inside to actually make a person fully commit and follow a diet plan with successful results?

With any addiction I strongly believe that it is important to hit rock bottom before any effective change can be made; knowing that you've finally reached that places where there is only ONE way out is often the start of changing a hugely destructive habit. My 'rock bottom' moment was whilst on a day out to the seaside in 2009 and I sank a Pedalo at the sheer size and mass of my own ass, a fact that I found hysterically funny at the time but since have cringed and yes even cried about.

Fact is! I believe that losing the pounds is a case of doing much more than simply eating less calories and exercising more it also has a lot to do with having the time, sufficient planning skills and above all its essential you have the right state of mind and support.

Support~
Personally, I believe that surrounding yourself with like minded people who share the same desire for healthy living and low calorie foods is essential to anyone loosing weight; couples that loose weight TOGETHER are more likely to achieve their goals and succeed in their mission to fight the flab. Without total faith and support from your loved ones you really are fighting a losing battle, you begin to think that failure IS an option because people expected it anyway.

Right frame of mind~
Psychologists believe that for a person who has been obese their entire life there is almost always a guaranteed trigger to why the began to eat all those years ago so trying to identify this could prepare you mentally for losing weight. I often think about MY reason and MY situation and have concluded that due to being from a single-parent family after my 'Father' left us at an early age Mum had to work three jobs to make ends meet and therefore we ate whatever convenience food she provided that day. Chopping up fresh fruit and vegetables (until we were a little more grown up ans more financially secure) was alien to us. Also, you've got to really want to do it . If your an emotional eater like me then ensuring that all those negative occurrences that normally drive you to eat stay well away is paramount. Finally, telling yourself that you ARE worth all the time and effort it takes to lose weight is the greatest tip  could ever give anybody.

Well all I know is that I HAVE had enough and that tomorrow with my Partner Andrew we are going to fight this fantastic fight together and shed those annoying pounds that have controlled our lives for far too long.

Enough is enough...... Wish us luck

XOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment